Re: File size of .gifs

by Kari <dafoxx(at)spiretech.com>

 Date:  Fri, 20 Feb 1998 06:57:56 -0800
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Excuse me but being on a MAC has NOTHING to do with how they get thier
images so small.  All one has to do is set up thier Photoshop preferences
to eliminate saving the thumbnail, icon and full size of the image.  That
is what creates large file sizes on images.... the extra garbage that the
users SOFTWARE is using not the PLATFORM of the user...  I'm not sure if
you're able to do this in Paintshop Pro or not but in Photoshop you can....

>Scott, if you're working on a Mac, your file is incorporating some of the
>resource information required by your operating system. This is why people
>use Debabbelizer--it removes that stuff. In that the PC doesn't burden the
>file with resource information (and my guess would be that Intel is NOT
>creating their GIFs on a Mac), the files are typically smaller without
>running them through any special filtering device.
>

>Barn
>(Byron Canfield)
>http://www.byronc.com
>    "Inside every large problem
>     there is a small problem struggling to get out."
>          --Hoare's Law of Problem Solving

Kari Lassila
dafoxx(at)spiretech.com
http://www.spiretech.com/~dafoxx/sfenter.htm
" now who put that stop payment on my reality check? "